February 18, 2009

In Memory of Charlie Chameleon

In elementary school (3rd or 4th grade) I was one of the few lucky students who got to take home one of the class pets, a chameleon who I named Charlie. It wasn't really a class pet actually, it was more of an ongoing science lesson where we watched the chameleons for a few weeks to learn about their characteristics, habitat, etc. I loved Charlie dearly. One day I thought he might enjoy some extra sunshine. So, I put his little plastic carrier in the window sill and off I went with my family for a fun day at the lake! You can probably guess what happened when I returned home that afternoon. Charlie was no more. I was devastated! Little did my teacher know I had learned another very important science lesson that day....chameleons need to stay hydrated and glass acts as a magnifier for the heat and sun. Today Landon and I went outside after lunch to enjoy this beautiful weather and we found Charlie Jr. I made sure to pass on my knowledge of chameleons to my son, although he may need some reminders down the road. I just hope he doesn't have to remember the hard way!
Charlie Jr.
Landon discovering Charlie Jr. for the first time
I was surprised that jr. never ran off even with Landon banging on the table and rocking it back and forth.
My little explorer!
Landon is protesting the hat!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great story, Haley! You are such a great mother! RIP Charlie and here's to new Charlie's in the future :)

Anonymous said...

*sniff sniff* Poor Charlie! Now if you could just find a hamster we'd have another great story to tell! :)


mcgrew [muh-groo]
-noun
1.Aaron, Haley, Landon, Reid, Micah

crew [croo]
-noun
1.a group of persons involved in a particular kind of work or working together.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart... Colossians 3:23

As for me and my house, we will work for the Lord. Joshua 24:15




We were married in 2005 and have been best friends ever since. Now we're raising three little boys and are loving every minute of it. We are constantly learning about the character of God through marriage, parenting and daily life!

Click on each picture to learn more about our boys!


coahbutton

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Captivated Visions

Labels

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved