I've always wished I was more crafty than I actually am. I enjoy attempting projects, but often times they turn into items that I would be too embarrased to be around my house so I give up. Every now and then though I manage to succeed. I've recently completed 3 mini projects using scrapbook paper! The first one I shared in the post about the Nursery. It's made using a thin wooden "M" from Hobby Lobby (which probably cost $1-$2), a little spray paint, some scrapbook paper and modge podge. Before adhering the paper, I spray painted the "M" a chocolate brown. Then I traced the "M" onto the scrapbook paper, cut it out and used modge podge to glue it on. I actually wish I had used spray adhesive instead of the modge podge, which was a little too goopy and just wanted to make the paper tear. The spray adhesive can be a little sticky to use, but it works really well!
The second project was inspired after I started getting the boys fall clothes out. I knew there were some upcoming cooler days so I wanted to get through this daunting task! But now that the boys are sharing a room it makes organizing their clothes a little more difficult. Especially because between the two of them they can wear anything from a 2T to a 4T. Reid is generally a 2T-3T and Landon runs 3T-4T (although there are even some 2T things he can wear). So, I decided to get on line and learn how to make some closet dividers. These were made using scrapbook paper, thin cardboard from cereal boxes and spray adhesive. They were pretty simple and I was impressed that they actually turned out. I used a can of soup (one circle on top of the other) to make my pattern. You could also divide up seasonal clothes this way, or even put names on it if your kids can't share clothes!
I made several so I put a few in Micah's room....although I don't have the clothes quite ready to go in there yet!
The last project was something I found on Pinterest several weeks ago and was determined to give it a try because it seemed too simple not to. I just cut out a letter "M" from scrapbook paper and used adhesive spray to attach it to my pumpkin. And ofcourse, I had to represent our 3 lil' punkins' with their very own mini-pumpkins!



2 comments:
Very cute, Hailey!!
So glad to see Landon has a pumpkin at his house. Mine is now safe. :p
Post a Comment