Let me start by saying that I don't like change. Little changes are good. But I'm talking about big changes. I think it's because I get attached easily. We've decided to put our house on the market in search of a little more breathing room for our growing family. I absolutely love the house we are in right now. It's perfect. It has a nice big backyard, it's right next to the lake, and it's close to family and friends. I've said a million times that if it just had a few more square feet I could stay here for the next 30 years. Getting the house ready to sell has been a very stressful process for me. After all, I've never done this before. My parents still live in the same house they had before I was born. Over the last week I've watched my cozy little nest turn into a model show home. It's not suited for a family with two kids under 3 years anymore. Their playroom, along with 80% of their toys, is now gone. Half of our posessions now reside in a storage unit across town. Don't get me wrong, the house looks great, but it's not our house. Being the planner that I am, this process isn't sitting well with me. No one can tell me exactly how long it will take to sell this house and buy a new home. I don't like that. A lot has happened here over the last 5 years. I will definitely miss this house and the memories that it holds. These pictures are of our "staged" house.
Back to School
1 year ago








3 comments:
I can only imagine. I have only lived in two homes my entire life. My parents home forever and the home we currently live in. I am sure that some day in the future we will move as well. When we do, maybe we can come to you for pointers! :-)
Jeremy G.
Haley, trust me, moving is hard, but you will find the perfect place for your family and probably live there for 30 years. Of course, if you were a coaches wife...you would get used to moving around..LOL! I will be praying for this huge transition in your lives...you know God's timing is always the best. Love ya!
The house looks great! I'm sure potential buyers will feel the same!!!
Post a Comment