July 28, 2010

Tee-Tee Boot Camp

Guess who's potty training?
The thought of potty training has always made me a little nervous. It's so easy to compare your children to others their age. For instance, my nephew who is 2.5 months younger than Landon has been potty trained for several weeks now. I haven't been in a rush with Landon because I've always read that forcing it when your child isn't ready will only worsen the situation. Landon was slowly starting to show some signs and we were doing little things here and there to encourage him to use the potty. But it wasn't anything too hard core...until a week ago. We sent Landon to NiNi's Tee-Tee Boot Camp. My mom decided to get the ball rolling by having Landon stay at her house and start the process. I must admit, I had my doubts and wasn't sure how successful he would be. I think he surprised us all with how well he did in a short amount of time. I would even venture to say that he's 100% successful at home. Obviously night and nap-time will take a little longer and we're still having some issues when we go out, but I think that for only being a week, he's doing so good and we're very proud of him! Even though Reid still has a ways until we even think about potty training for him, I couldn't resist trying some camo underwear on him.
Can you believe these 2 came from the same set of genes?
Even though potty training for Reid is not in the near future, he did take one step closer to becoming a big boy tonight! He had his very last formula bottle! No more bottles in the McGrew house!!
Landon decided to be the photographer for once.
These are some of Landon's sayings we hear a lot more often now that potty training is in session...

"Landon tee-tee (or poo-poo) in the potty!"
"No tee-tee in unnerwears!"
"I get canny???" (candy)
"Open the light." (turn on the light in the bathroom)

And my favorite.....
"It's comin'!!"

6 comments:

The McIntires said...

I have been potty training Barrett this week too. One of my least favorite things as a mom! He has done great though. I love the double camo undies picture!!!

Unknown said...

AHHH!! LOVE the unnerwears picture of the 2 of them. TOO FUNNY!!

Cassi said...

Good job, Landon!!! Haley, if your mom would like to get the ball rolling on potty training another little boy, please feel free to send her to my house! And ditto to liking the camo "unnerwears" pic with both boys! Cracked me up!!!

Anonymous said...

The physiques of the lads in the double camo pic are almost an exact representation of two young girls that I remember from 2? years ago. :)

dadeo

Greg, Alissa, Luke and Jack said...

Hooray for Landon! "Landon teetee in potty!" I love it!

I about died when I saw that picture of the 2 of them...hilarious!

Anonymous said...

nHaley, this post is one of the funniest...I love the pic of the camo's, it reminds me of the pic of Lee and Jeff, 'hefty, hefty,hefty-wimpy,wimpy,wimpy'! You are such a good mommy! Love to all, Aunt Jana


mcgrew [muh-groo]
-noun
1.Aaron, Haley, Landon, Reid, Micah

crew [croo]
-noun
1.a group of persons involved in a particular kind of work or working together.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart... Colossians 3:23

As for me and my house, we will work for the Lord. Joshua 24:15




We were married in 2005 and have been best friends ever since. Now we're raising three little boys and are loving every minute of it. We are constantly learning about the character of God through marriage, parenting and daily life!

Click on each picture to learn more about our boys!


coahbutton

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Captivated Visions

Labels

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved