Today was a delightfully dreary day! For the first time it really and truly felt like FALL! It was rainy, cold and wonderful! We started the day off with a chick-fil-a breakfast and a trip to Costco. Since it started raining soon after that we decided to stay in the rest of the day. We didn't have time to carve our pumpkin over Halloween weekend so that was one of our activities for the day! Landon helped us clean it out and wash the seeds. I've always loved fresh roasted pumpkin seeds so that was my project while Aaron carved.
Pumpkin Seeds Recipe
Wash and dry seeds. Melt 1-2 tablespoons of butter in a medium bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of worcestershire sauce, a dash of season salt and a dash of garlic powder to the butter. Mix well. Add pumpkin seeds and toss to coat. Bake at 300 degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until they start to brown. Add salt to taste. Lay out on paper towels to cool.
I had to laugh a little when Aaron said, "It's the perfect day to just lay around and watch a movie." Yes, it USED to be like that! And while I still enjoy these lazy, rainy days, they are definitely a lot different with 2 toddlers in the house who aren't real excited about just laying around. But, for the most part they did a great job at finding things to keep themselves busy!
To top off our cool Fall day, we enjoyed some chicken and dumplings for dinner!
Chicken and Dumplings (Crock Pot Recipe)
3-4 chicken breasts
3-4 cups water
1-2 cups milk
1 can (14 oz) chicken broth
2 cans cream of something (celery, potato, chicken, etc.) I usually use celery or potato
3-4 celery stalks chopped
3-4 carrots chopped
1 small onion chopped
Salt and Pepper
Bisquick and Milk for dumplings OR 1 package of refrigerated biscuits
Use a Crock Pot Liner for easy clean-up! Place chicken, carrots, onions and celery in crock pot. Mix water, milk, chicken broth and creams in a bowl then add to the pot. Cook on low for about 6 hours. About 30 minutes before serving turn the slow cooker on high. Remove chicken, shred it and return it to the pot. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pinch off bits of dough and place in pot. Cook about 20 minutes or until they are not raw in the middle!









2 comments:
Sounds like you had a fun day! We had planned on roasting pumpkin seeds, but didn't have time in the busy weekend. I also couldn't find a recipie that I HAD to try. I also can never get my dumplings right when I make chicken and dumplings...now I have two great recipies that I have to try. Thanks girl!
Cute pumpkin! And...you have a lot of dish towels.
Post a Comment