For as long as I can remember I've had dental check-ups/cleanings every 6 months. Of course when I was little, I never really appreciated this not-so-fun task. And while it's still not the most pleasant thing, I really appreciate that my parents started this routine for us at a young age. I knew I would want this for my children as well. I've heard different opinions about when children should start going to the dentist, but after THIS little incident we decided to go ahead and start taking Landon in...just to make sure everything was OK and to keep an eye on how his teeth were developing. His first appointment was actually in September 2010. It's a pediatric dentist so they only did what he would allow that first time, so that he wouldn't be too turned off. He really only opened his mouth once and they got to get enough of a look to see that things were OK for the time being. His second appointment was this past week. He did a SUPER job! He actually got through an entire cleaning (it probably didn't hurt that he got to watch Toy Story during the cleaning). He let them put fluroide on his teeth but when they went to floss he was done so that was the end of the check-up. The office is super kid-friendly and is set up in an ocean theme. At the end of your check-up, you get to pick a special prize from the treasure chest! We're so proud of our big boy!
September 2010 (above) ~ April 2011 (below)
Showing off his prizes! A new toothbrush and a fish cup from the treasure chest. At first he said he wanted to come home and put coffee in it...not sure where he got that because neither of us drink coffee. He settled for a little chocolate milk! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment