August 8, 2010

A St"roll" in the Park

Last night was supposed to be a low-key, fun-filled evening with just the four of us. It started with an early Pizza Hut dinner and then a little play time. Next, we loaded up the boys and our double jogging stroller and headed to a nearby park that has beautiful jogging/walking trails. Aaron and I were both finding the jog a little difficult but pushed through. We came to a long down-hill part and decided to give ourselves a break and start walking once we reached the end of it. Aaron was pushing the stroller and I was running about 25 feet behind him. We made it to the middle of the hill when the front wheel of the jogging stroller started acting a little funny. Before we knew it, the wheel flew off the axle and the stroller flipped end over end. Horrified, I could only watch as my husband tried to avoid landing on our babies as they headed face first towards the concrete. If you know me at all, you know I'm not usually the calm, cool and collected type in these kinds of situations. Aaron had to calm me down just as much as he did the boys. I can't lie...it was not a pretty sight. Considering the mouth and nose areas are prone to bleed quite a bit you can imagine what we all looked like. While in our heart of hearts we felt the boys were OK, we did call 911 and had EMS come take a look at them just to make sure. After all, they both hit their heads and faces pretty hard, and have the marks to prove it! Thankfully, the pretty ambulance lights did calm them down a bit. Unfortunately, there will be some semi-permanent damage as Landon lost one of his front teeth. Our neighbor, who is a dentist, was kind enough to come take a look at it that night and even attempted to re-attach the tooth but felt it wasn't going to do any good. At least it wasn't a permanent tooth! We are thankful that the boys were not hurt anymore than they were.
Guess we'll have to introduce the tooth fairy a little early...
I did take pictures from last night, but they were a bit more bloody so I decided not to post them. Both boys actually looked and acted much better than I anticipated this morning! Being the good parents that we are we bought them donuts for breakfast so that might have helped cheer them up! :) These pictures don't do them justice as I think the flash washed out some of the bruising and scratches. And yes, that is blood on Landon's shirt. 

7 comments:

Cassi said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! Talk about total freak out!! How scary! I can't believe that wheel just came off like that! So glad the boys (and Mom and Dad) are ok! I can imagine how freaked out you must have been! Did Landon get a visit from the tooth fairy for that lost tooth? I would say it's well deserved. :) Poor little guys!

The McIntires said...

Robert told me about this. How horrible for the boys (and mommy and daddy)!!

c o'neill said...

Oh my goodness! Bless Landon's little heart! Hope the bruises and cuts heal fast. Boo for the lost tooth...but hopefully the tooth fairy made up for it. :)

Anna said...

Poor babies! I would have been freaking out!!! Glad everyone is okay!

Ben and Nikki said...

Oh, I'm so sorry that you all had to go through that! I'm so thankful that everyone made it through with just scratches, bumps, and bruises!

Amber Diesch said...

That is so sad. Poor babies, but I am glad they are okay. Ava has a chipped front tooth from when she fell when she was younger. That broke my heart and I can't imagine how you felt.

Unknown said...

Haley, my heart is just breaking reading about all this. I am so, so, sorry this even happened. I am glad everyone is okay..how scary. The boys look as cute as can be even as they are all beat up a bruised.


mcgrew [muh-groo]
-noun
1.Aaron, Haley, Landon, Reid, Micah

crew [croo]
-noun
1.a group of persons involved in a particular kind of work or working together.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart... Colossians 3:23

As for me and my house, we will work for the Lord. Joshua 24:15




We were married in 2005 and have been best friends ever since. Now we're raising three little boys and are loving every minute of it. We are constantly learning about the character of God through marriage, parenting and daily life!

Click on each picture to learn more about our boys!


coahbutton

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Captivated Visions

Labels

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved