August 15, 2010

Saturday Morning Sous Chef

On Saturday morning Landon was wandering around the house looking for something to keep him busy. He stumbled across his cute little apron given to us by a friend of my Mom's. He insisted that I put it on him and then, on his own, got his stool from the bathroom and placed it in front of the stove. He stood on top of it and proclaimed, "Landon cookin'!" It was so cute that I had to stop what I was doing and find a little cooking project for him. I quickly found an easy playdough recipe online and he got to work.




Every now and then he got distracted by the Veggie Tales show on TV.
Don't forget to clean up!

Playdough Recipe

1/4 cup salt
1 cup flour
1/4 cup water

Mix salt and flour in a bowl. Mix in the water. I ended up having to add a little bit more water as we stirred. Choose a food color and knead it into the dough. Keep it in a sandwich bag to maintain moisture. Add a little water to it if it begins to dry out. I also read that you can add flavored koolaid for fun scents or glitter to make it shimmery! There are many recipes for playdough online but this one used the least amount of ingredients and didn't require the stove. I thought it turned out great and Landon really enjoyed "cooking"!

3 comments:

Cassi said...

Look at him in his manly grown-up apron! He really looks like a little man cooking up a meal! So so cute!

Anna said...

What a great idea! Claire "cooks", but it usually just involves her getting out all of the pots and pans and putting spoons in them. It would be nice for her to actually have something like this to create!

Tim said...

How precious!! I love it! As just a little side note, something I learned when making playdough myself: if you mix the food coloring with the water, it makes the mixing much easier. I love keeping up with you guys on the blog!

Tim, Ada, and Olivia :)


mcgrew [muh-groo]
-noun
1.Aaron, Haley, Landon, Reid, Micah

crew [croo]
-noun
1.a group of persons involved in a particular kind of work or working together.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart... Colossians 3:23

As for me and my house, we will work for the Lord. Joshua 24:15




We were married in 2005 and have been best friends ever since. Now we're raising three little boys and are loving every minute of it. We are constantly learning about the character of God through marriage, parenting and daily life!

Click on each picture to learn more about our boys!


coahbutton

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Captivated Visions

Labels

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved