Growing up, many of our summer days were spent on the lake...skiing, tubing, swimming, knee-boarding, parasailing...you name it! Against my will, I was forced to learn how to ski at the age of 5. I guess I can say I'm now thankful for that, but there is video to prove that I didn't appreciate it back then. Unfortunately as we've all gotten older our lake days have drastically decreased. The boys LOVE the water and many of my days with them are spent swimming! But, they haven't had much exposure to boats and the lake (or the BIG water as Landon calls it). We were able to take Landon out on the boat 3 summers ago when he was about 10 months old. Of course, he was a little small to do much then and he didn't seem to appreciate it anyways. Now that they are older, we were hoping for a different response. The beginning of our family trip to the lake on Sunday started out pretty much as expected. There were a few tears. But thankfully, after some gradual introductions, both boys really began to warm up and ended up having a great time! We're hoping there will be a few more lake trips before the end of the summer!
I love everything about this next picture....It definitely would make a good "wordless wednesday" pic!
Daddy kneeboarding....
...and is paying for it today!
Since this is as close to the beach as our family will get this year, here are mine and Reid's "beach feet" pictures...
Aaron parasailing...if the first pic had a little bubble above Reid's head, it would say, "Where's Daddy?"
This next picture of the boys waving at Aaron was taken with my phone. I noticed a couple of hours later that Landon has his hand down the back of his pants...lovely!
I hate that this one is so fuzzy, but we were moving pretty fast when I took it...I just thought the sunset was pretty behind them!



2 comments:
Remember that Landon has a chigger bite on his wee booty...the boy has to scratch it.
Looks like a lot of fun. Maybe next summer we can join you!!
Post a Comment