March 7, 2009
Sinus Misery
My eldest son (doesn't that sound weird?) has been fighting a sinus infection this past week. He still has some congestion and a runny nose, but since he's been on antibiotics he seems to be feeling better. When I woke up Thursday and couldn't breathe thru my nose I assumed I had probably come down with the same thing. However, being pregnant, I am hesitant to take a lot of medication. After all, I already feel like I haven't given this poor little guy the best start in life because of how sick I've been! After a couple of sleepless nights and rough days I broke down and tried a couple of things but haven't found a lot of relief. I've also turned to some non-medicated solutions such as saline spray and the Neti-Pot. Have you ever tried this? It's pretty interesting! Unfortunately, it seemed that I was so swollen that it didn't work quite like it was supposed to. I've given it about 3 or 4 tries but with no real relief. As if I wasn't already having enough trouble eating, now everything really tastes funny! So, I feel that I'm back to square one with the eating issue. If anyone has any suggestions, I will gladly try anything, so long as it's safe during pregnancy! Gotta go get a kleenex....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Slather Mentholatum all over your nose...always works for me!
Hi Haley, the NetiPot will work if you keep using it. You can use it every day even 2 x a day. Just FYI from the resident RN, ha!!I am so sorry you have been so sick. Drink water, chicken soup, rest and your NetiPot. Oh don't forget the tissues! Let me know if I can help out ok? Patti
Post a Comment