Our Story
Aaron and I have known each other for about 14 years. In high school, he started attending the church that I had grown up in. After a while, he became a family friend, even house & dog sitting for us a few times. However, it wasn’t until I graduated from Hardin-Simmons in 2001 that we really became friends. We started hanging out with the same group of people and getting to know one another better. In 2002, we thought we would give dating a try. After a few short months we decided it wasn’t working out. We remained friends and became even closer friends over the next couple of years. In 2004, we were both becoming more attracted to one another, but I’m sure I can speak for both us when I say we were nervous about the thought of dating again. God had some more work to do on both of us before we were ready to make a true commitment and experience such a deep relationship. In October 2004, Aaron took me to lunch (Jason’s Deli) and asked if I would be willing to give “us” another try. I remember asking him how this time would be different. He told me that I would just have to trust him and that together we would need to trust God. Since we didn’t have to start from scratch in getting to know one another, things moved pretty quickly after that. The first time he told me he loved me was about 2 weeks after our Jason’s Deli conversation. He first kissed me in the parking lot of Bella’s Italian Restaurant after I met him there for dinner while he was working. We were engaged on March 3, 2005 and married a few months later in July. We didn’t have a love-at-first-sight moment, but it’s so amazing to look back and see how God worked in the formation of our relationship…even though it took several years! A year and a half after marrying, we found out we were expecting our first son, Landon. And now, 4 years after saying I do, we’re a family of 4. Wow…how time flies! Happy Anniversary, Aaron! I can’t wait to see what God still has in store for our family! I love you!








7 comments:
Happy Anniversary...your post and pictures gave me chill bumps! May you be blessed with many, many more. Love ya!
such a sweet love story!!! happy day to both of you!!!! and loved all the wedding pics!!!!
I thank God for both of you. What blessings you are to me. May the Lord continue to pour his blessings upon you. Happy Anniversary. Love you bunches and bunches.
Aww, Happy Anniversary you guys!!! I love the black and white goofy photo of you two!! Many more years to come! :)
Happy anniversary!!! You two are seriously one of the sweetest couples ever! Have a wonderful day and fun date tonight :)
Happy Anniversary!!!! Your story is so sweet!!!
Happy anniversary! What a sweet love story!
Post a Comment