July 15, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I’m so excited to say that Reid and I are home much sooner than expected. I was convinced I would be at the hospital on bed rest for at least a couple of weeks before they would decide to take him. So, imagine my surprise when the nurse came in at 4:00 p.m. last Thursday afternoon telling me I was going to Labor and Delivery to prep for surgery. I tried so hard not to cry and break down in front of the nurse because I felt sure that would only raise my blood pressure (and that’s what got me in this predicament to begin with). I promised not to watch TV, have visitors, or get on the computer in order to try and better control my BP. There was no reasoning with her. I was so scared that my sweet baby wasn’t ready to be born and he needed more time to develop. But, once again, God demonstrated just how mighty and faithful he is. At 35 weeks, I delivered a perfectly healthy, baby boy! I don’t remember too much about the actual surgery, but I do remember how I couldn’t help but cry when Reid first cried after being delivered.

We’ve enjoyed our first few days as a family of four. My mom has been here to help us out, and we truly appreciate her. My recovery has been difficult but is getting better every day. One of the hardest parts of the recovery is not being able to interact with Landon very much. I’m ready to be able to pick him up, and get down on the floor to play with him.

Landon has been a great big brother. At first, he didn’t want too much to do with Reid. But now, he seems to be tolerating him. He still doesn’t pay too much attention to him, but he does go around the house every now and then looking for Reid, or “ba-by.” At least he hasn’t tried to hit him or throw toys at him…yet! He seems to understand that you have to be gentle around him. It’s been very sweet to watch the little interactions they do have.

Reid has been such a great baby. He is already sleeping and eating so well and seems so laid back. He doesn’t budge when Landon throws one of his tantrums. It’s like he’s used to it after hearing it for the last few months. We’re so excited to see more of his little personality come out as he grows. I’ll leave you with some pictures from our first few days.

Sweet kisses for brother...a rare moment caught on camera!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

So sweet! I can't wait to snuggle with those 2 little boys!

Stacey said...

I am so glad you two are home. Reid is super cute and Landon looks like the best big brother ever :)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, he is gorgeous, and I LOVE the brother picture. PRICELESS! I was at Dr. Gillean's office yesterday...how did you like her throughout this whole pregnancy?

Love you!

Cassi said...

Too cute! I'm so glad everyone is home and doing well. What sweet boys you have! :)

Anna said...

What precious brothers! How sweet is that kissing picture!

The Mize of Texas said...

I'm so glad that you are home and everything is going so smoothly! Your boys definitely look like siblings. They are very cute!

Tiffany said...

Sweet Angel!

kristi said...

what a little angel!!! precious little miracle!! love the pics of landon & reid..........little brothers!!!

Anonymous said...

Sooo cute! I am so excited for the four of you...so many years of fun and adventure are ahead!! May God continue to Bless. Love to all, Aunt Jana


mcgrew [muh-groo]
-noun
1.Aaron, Haley, Landon, Reid, Micah

crew [croo]
-noun
1.a group of persons involved in a particular kind of work or working together.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart... Colossians 3:23

As for me and my house, we will work for the Lord. Joshua 24:15




We were married in 2005 and have been best friends ever since. Now we're raising three little boys and are loving every minute of it. We are constantly learning about the character of God through marriage, parenting and daily life!

Click on each picture to learn more about our boys!


coahbutton

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Captivated Visions

Labels

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved