Our almost 2 year-old has definitely been testing Aaron and I a lot more lately. I know it’s normal and to be expected, but what happened to our perfectly, well-behaved, sweet little boy? How does one breastfeed the baby while entertaining the older child, or at least try to keep him from getting into trouble? Any thoughts? I’m sure there isn’t a mother out there who hasn’t had these thoughts, so it isn’t anything new. It’s just what I’m in the midst of and this seemed like a nice way to vent!
Aaron and I will celebrate our 4th anniversary tomorrow. Due to obvious circumstances the celebration won’t be much. We are planning to at least get out for a couple of hours and enjoy dinner together. It will be a nice get-a-way, but I’m sure it will be a little difficult for me! However, I’m excited to celebrate our marriage with my wonderful husband, who has been a rock for me the last few weeks!

Since a post doesn't seem complete without a picture, I'll leave you with this one of the two original McGrew Crew members. Remember those days, Honey? Life is certainly different, but is much sweeter now! This is from the wedding of one of my dearest friends, Nandra, in January 2008.



9 comments:
Hang in there Haley! Yes, I have been there and it all sounds oh so familiar. It does get better...I promise...the first weeks are the toughest...breastfeeding while entertaining a toddler were rough times...just remember to take care of yourself...take time for yourself as hard as it might be to schedule...LOVE YOU GIRL!
Haley, this is the hardest part and it will pass before you know it. Someday you will look back and laugh. Turn on videos, pull out books, use fruit snacks or those little smartie candies, do whatever you have to do to survive this little stretch! It doesn't matter if it's not the healthiest, or the greatest mothering techniques, pretty soon you will be back in the game and can get everything back under control. Sleep when the kids sleep, eat takeout, and DON'T worry about the house!
Haley, this too shall pass, and yes, it does get easier. While I was breastfeeding, Faith tugged on me and wanted me to hold her the most. It was obviously because she knew I was busy at the moment. Needless to say, I just told her that we would have some special time after I was done feeding Jaxon, or when he went to sleep. Not only did this instill patience for Faith, but it made those times alone with her times to look forward to. Landon will adjust...this is all normal. Don't worry about the cleanliness of your house...there are more important things going on right now, just take baby steps. The house and its messyness will always be there, but precious times with these boys, while they are young, won't be. Sleep while the kids sleep (this is easier said than done, but do it). Take time for yourself, maybe leave the boys with Aaron and get a Starbucks or something to treat yourself, at least for some sanity. Post-partum is no fun and I think the devil tries to use it against us sometimes with our thoughts and emotions. But Glory to God that you have two healthy boys and a Godly husband all at the same time. Call me ANYTIME of the day if you need anything, advice, someone to yell at or vent to. Love you!! Sorry for the novel :)
Hey girl. . .let me know if I can do anything. I can't even imagine how to handle 2 kids, but I am sure you are super mom like always. If you ever need me just to come over and chat or I have talents I can always entertain you :) just give me a shoot!!! I love you tons and I will say a prayer for you
happy anniversary to you & aaron!!! will be praying for you during this adjustment with another little miracle!!!
Your honesty is refreshing Haley! The longer I'm a mom the more I realize that it's so much harder, busier, stressful than people ever let on...and that's just with one, but I guess there would be a lot less of us around if it wasn't completely worth it! If I can ever provide entertainment or relief for either you or the kids, let me know! I'll be praying for you guys!
I can only imagine...I'm having a rough time just handling one cranky toddler! But, just hang on for another month and Aunt Lauren will be there to help!!
And Happy Anniversary!!
Haley McGrew, you are an amazing woman and fantastic mother! Always remember that, no matter what! And it's all normal... so no beating yourself up, either... got it? Good! :) Being a Mommy is definitely the HARDEST job in the whole world, I'm sure being a mommy of 2 only makes things more complicated.... there is light at the end of the tunnel so hang in there! I'm praying for you... really... right now as I'm typing this! :) If you need ANYTHING, you better not put on your brave mask and you better CALL ME!! I love you!!
Haley, you are an amazing young lady! As was said earlier, you have 2 beautiful, healthy babies and a Godly husband who knows his priorities, you can't ask for much more than that. The house will always need attention, now matter what, but it doesn't matter...your needs come first so you can in turn take care of your children and your husband. If you neglect your needs, you suffer, then the family will suffer. Take it one day at a time, rest when the kids do (!!) and enjoy it. As for Landon and feeding Reid, make it a special time for him by having a treat, movie or special toy that he can only have at that time. He will adjust! Much love to you! Aunt Jana
Post a Comment