January 11, 2010

Confessions of a First Time Parent

Have you ever done something as a parent that you're slightly embarrassed about, but you decide to post it on your public blog anyway? Although this doesn't beat Cassi's confession, remember THIS post, particularly the part about the big-boy bed? Well, the main reason we got a twin bed was because it was going to cost us almost $100 for the "kit" to turn Landon's crib into a toddler bed. We thought this would be a ridiculous waste of money. We assumed that he would be in a twin bed for several years anyway and just thought we would go ahead and spend the money for something we would use long term. A few days after the twin bed went up, Aaron went to disassemble the crib to put it in storage. He started by taking the front panel off. This left us both staring in disbelief and thinking out loud, "Why in the world didn't we just do this?" So, we decided to put the twin bed in storage and use it in a couple of years and for now let Landon use his new "toddler bed" (AKA...his crib minus the front panel plus a $20 bed rail from Walmart). This bed is a better fit for our little Landon anyways! We've also added a few new things to his big boy room!


I've really enjoyed searching for knick-knacks for his sports-themed room (even though based on his current physique I'm not sure a lot of sports will be in his future). I think it goes back to the idea that our house is where I work, so I enjoy spending time (and maybe a little extra money) in making it a fun place for me and the boys to be ALL DAY LONG! (Spring can't get here fast enough!) I feel like this is a never-ending hobby as I always find new things to change or add somewhere in the house! Thankfully, I have a very patient hubby who doesn't complain, but just smiles and nods! Thanks, Honey! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks great! We miss you Landon! (and the rest of you too of course!)

Cassi said...

That's hilarious! All that and you still ended up converting the crib! The room looks great! :)

Unknown said...

Cute, cute! Love it!


mcgrew [muh-groo]
-noun
1.Aaron, Haley, Landon, Reid, Micah

crew [croo]
-noun
1.a group of persons involved in a particular kind of work or working together.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart... Colossians 3:23

As for me and my house, we will work for the Lord. Joshua 24:15




We were married in 2005 and have been best friends ever since. Now we're raising three little boys and are loving every minute of it. We are constantly learning about the character of God through marriage, parenting and daily life!

Click on each picture to learn more about our boys!


coahbutton

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Captivated Visions

Labels

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved