January 28, 2010

A Small Taste

Earlier this afternoon Aaron and I went to run an errand with the boys and then headed to a Chinese Buffet for lunch. Upon arriving there, our waitress greeted both boys with little touches and gave Landon a few high-fives. About 5 minutes into our meal, she came back with 2 wrapped fortune cookies in her hand. She gave one to Landon and then headed over to Reid who was still in his carseat next to Aaron. Reid was sitting there happily chewing on a toy when the waitress yanked the toy out of his mouth and replaced it with the fortune cookie. Of course it didn't bother Reid one bit because as long as it makes noise and he can put it in his mouth, he's happy! All I could think about was how this must be what my sister deals with on a much higher scale and a more regular basis. She constantly has stories of people in Jordan giving things to Caedmon without her permission. Of course, sometimes she does have to say no...like the time someone offered little 3 week old Caedmon some hot tea! Lauren's latest post gives an example of this very thing.

Surprisingly, the fortune cookie incident didn't bother me too much. It's probably because I felt I didn't have room to complain and I could only think of Lauren. I know it's purely cultural reasons that cause people to act in this manner. But I'm sure it could become a little more bothersome on a daily basis.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Then did she pick up Reid and take him back to the kitchen to meet all the cooks? :)


mcgrew [muh-groo]
-noun
1.Aaron, Haley, Landon, Reid, Micah

crew [croo]
-noun
1.a group of persons involved in a particular kind of work or working together.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart... Colossians 3:23

As for me and my house, we will work for the Lord. Joshua 24:15




We were married in 2005 and have been best friends ever since. Now we're raising three little boys and are loving every minute of it. We are constantly learning about the character of God through marriage, parenting and daily life!

Click on each picture to learn more about our boys!


coahbutton

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Captivated Visions

Labels

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved