May 24, 2009

Just For Reid

I wanted to give Reid the spotlight for a moment. After all, every post I write is chock-full of Landon, Landon and more Landon. But soon, Landon will be sharing the spotlight and I'm excited about having another little boy to brag on!
~~~~~
Reid has been kind enough to return my appetite! I know I spent a lot of time early on complaining about how sick I was, but it's with great joy that I can say that part of this pregnancy is over! I managed to eat a whole bag of Goldfish crackers the other day. In ONE DAY! Who does that? This only happened once…I promise!
~~~~~
Reid is a mover and a shaker. I’m sure he has my sugar cravings to thank for part of that! Sometimes he catches me off guard with his mighty kicks. It’s always a neat reminder that he is very real and he has already made us a family of four.
~~~~~
I do feel a little guilty about already starting to compare Reid to his big brother. I love Landon so much that I feel like he has set this high bar of expectations. And now I’m waiting to see if Reid will live up to those. I know that Reid is his very own person and I’m so excited to see what all that entails. But, I want to know that I will love and appreciate him for that…and not for how he is or isn’t like Landon. God has given me such an incredible love for Landon that I never knew I could have. Don’t get me wrong, I already very much love Reid. These are just the thoughts that go through my mind as I imagine what he will be like. I’m sure I’ll be amazed at how much I can love another child as much as I love Landon.
~~~~~
Because Reid will be in Landon’s old room, there isn’t too much work to be done. However, since Landon moved to his big-boy room, the nursery has become our temporary storage area. We hope to get it all clean and ready for Reid very soon. I will post pictures when that actually happens. But for now, here are a few special things that are just for Reid!
~~~~~
God, I praise you because Landon and Reid are fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
~~~~~
A new outfit I couldn't resist buying
Wall letters for Reid's room
Reid's 1st Teddy Bear....from his MiMi
A special onesie from the Thompsons
Just for fun....comparing tushies! A newborn diaper and Landon's size 4
Mommy and Reid ~ 29 weeks

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking good! Love the tushie comparison. :)

Anna said...

So glad your appetite is back! You are going to be an excellent mommy to TWO!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to meet you, Reid! Glad you are feeling better, mommy!

kristi said...

so sweet!!! can't wait to meet sweet Reid and see Landon as a big brother!! 11 more weeks!! So exciting!!!


mcgrew [muh-groo]
-noun
1.Aaron, Haley, Landon, Reid, Micah

crew [croo]
-noun
1.a group of persons involved in a particular kind of work or working together.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart... Colossians 3:23

As for me and my house, we will work for the Lord. Joshua 24:15




We were married in 2005 and have been best friends ever since. Now we're raising three little boys and are loving every minute of it. We are constantly learning about the character of God through marriage, parenting and daily life!

Click on each picture to learn more about our boys!


coahbutton

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Captivated Visions

Labels

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved