May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

My Mother's Day started off by realizing I let my little boy get his first (mild) sunburn at an outdoor birthday party yesterday. Oops! It wasn't really hot outside and it was somewhat overcast so the need for sunscreen didn't enter my mind! I actually got a little burn myself. Sorry sweet baby! It was your first, but it won't be your last! Welcome to the Sunburn Only club, where our motto is You can't use a high enough SPF!
I know it's been said many times before, but being a mother is the absolute best job! I feel so blessed to be able to do it full-time and wouldn't trade it for any 6-figure job out there (not that I've had any offers). How could I not love being with this sweet little face 24/7?
These are my Mother's Day flowers! I found it rather appropriate that the bib and Gerber snacks ended up in the picture! :)
Today, as I reflect on my role as a mother, I also want to acknowledge my own mother who has taught me well! I'm so blessed to have her not only as my mom, but also my friend. I'm also thankful for my wonderful mother-in-law, Melinda (or MiMi), who I appreciate so much. Not only are they amazing women and mothers, but they're the 2 best grandmas any kid could ask for!

2 comments:

NiNi said...

When you have the best grandkids in the whole world, it is a joy and pleasure to be a grandmother. I love watching you in your job; you are a fantastic mother. I love you!!

MiMi said...

You are such a beautiful blessing in my life. What a joy it is to see the way you love and take care of your family. I love you bunches and bunches.


mcgrew [muh-groo]
-noun
1.Aaron, Haley, Landon, Reid, Micah

crew [croo]
-noun
1.a group of persons involved in a particular kind of work or working together.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart... Colossians 3:23

As for me and my house, we will work for the Lord. Joshua 24:15




We were married in 2005 and have been best friends ever since. Now we're raising three little boys and are loving every minute of it. We are constantly learning about the character of God through marriage, parenting and daily life!

Click on each picture to learn more about our boys!


coahbutton

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Captivated Visions

Labels

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved