August 19, 2009

Mommy Boo-Boos

My mom has told me a story about the time I caused her some of the worst pain in her life...and I mean other than childbirth! I was about 2 years old and I was sitting in her lap as we read a book together. I guess I got the book a little too close to her face and turned the page quickly causing it to papercut her eye. OUCH! I suppose mommy injuries are all a part of the job! A few months ago I wrote a post called Baby Botox where Landon fell and busted his lip. Well, today it was Mommy's turn! I had just come in the house from running a quick errand and I squated down for Landon to run and give me a hug. I guess I didn't move my head to the side fast enough because he ran his head right into my mouth. I assumed it had probably hurt his head since my lip was stinging so badly. I quickly looked at him thinking he was going to cry any second...but he didn't make a peep! FYI~This was a no-makeup day...much like many of my days are now! :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww! I've gotten lots of those love bumps from my head-butting boy! Except he does it on purpose!

Anna said...

Ouch! And you're even smiling in the picture! That's being tough, Haley!

Tamara said...

We so need a picture together my friend...I have two of those marks on my lips and one on the inside part of my lip - all from my little incident...NOT FUN!!!

Anonymous said...

(1920's reporter voice) looks like the kid gave you a shiner see, yeah yeah, right on the kisser...


mcgrew [muh-groo]
-noun
1.Aaron, Haley, Landon, Reid, Micah

crew [croo]
-noun
1.a group of persons involved in a particular kind of work or working together.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart... Colossians 3:23

As for me and my house, we will work for the Lord. Joshua 24:15




We were married in 2005 and have been best friends ever since. Now we're raising three little boys and are loving every minute of it. We are constantly learning about the character of God through marriage, parenting and daily life!

Click on each picture to learn more about our boys!


coahbutton

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Captivated Visions

Labels

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved