December 7, 2009

Craft Corner

I know several of you who are reading this have craftiness coming out your ears! I've never really prided myself on being one of those people. Don't get me wrong, I do have my moments! I recently had one of those rare moments and was so pleased with how it turned out, that I wanted to share it with you. This is a lamp that I bought 8 years ago at a dollar store to use in my classroom my first year of teaching. I think I paid about $3 for it!During my teaching years it was always in my classroom, but since I've become a stay-at-home-mom, it's been in Landon's room. We're hoping Landon will be moving to a big boy bed soon so I've been ordering some new items to add to his sports-themed room. One of these items is a basketball lamp. So, the dollar store lamp has been relocated to the playroom! But, being in such a colorful room, it seemed rather drab. I went to ehow.com and learned how to give my lamp a make-over!

5 comments:

Anna said...

So cute Haley! VERY crafty! Want to come help me redo lamps at our house?

The McIntires said...

Wow, very impressive!

Cassi said...

That's pretty amazing, Haley! I love it! Great, now I'm the only non-crafty one...thanks! :)

Unknown said...

That looks awesome...look at you Miss Susie Homemaker!! You go girl!

J.A.I.L said...

Great job you crafty person you! :-)

Jeremy


mcgrew [muh-groo]
-noun
1.Aaron, Haley, Landon, Reid, Micah

crew [croo]
-noun
1.a group of persons involved in a particular kind of work or working together.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart... Colossians 3:23

As for me and my house, we will work for the Lord. Joshua 24:15




We were married in 2005 and have been best friends ever since. Now we're raising three little boys and are loving every minute of it. We are constantly learning about the character of God through marriage, parenting and daily life!

Click on each picture to learn more about our boys!


coahbutton

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Captivated Visions

Labels

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved