The day started off with me getting a little inspiration to head out with the boys to run a couple of errands. After loading up the AV {assualt vehicle} and starting my journey, I was reminded why I don't do this unless absolutely necessary. Is it too much to ask my children to be entertained by the fun ride they get to take in the Kohl's double kiddo tram? Does letting Reid cry for a minute while trying to check out make me a bad mother? The look on the lady's face in front of me would say so. How does it look when I leave the store appearing like a mother who has everything.under.control as I carry my infant {22 lb.} son, purse, diaper bag, shopping bag and hold my toddler's hand only to find that by the time I've got the car in sight, both the purse and diaper bag have slowly made their way from my shoulder to the crook of my elbow and it would appear that I'm now carrying my infant only by his neck as I am determined to make it the last few feet before collapsing in front of the AV? Is it too much to ask Landon to keep his shoes and socks on in the car on the way to our next destination? And why does Reid feel the need to chew on the socks and shoes after they become airborne and land in his lap? Would it be possible for the grocery store worker to know exactly where I could find a jar of red roasted peppers instead of taking me to aisle 5, 6, 4, back to 5 and then finally to 16. Is it bad consumer etiquette to pick up a box of Gerber Banana Cookies, open them and begin passing them out to my now very unhappy shopping cart riders before paying for them? Is it OK that I ate a couple myself? Is it over the top to ask Landon not to push over his baby brother when he was so happily playing by himself giving mommy some much needed time to get lunches ready? Is it too pathetic sounding when I tell you that I ate the first half of my lunch (a slice of LO cheese pizza) in conjunction with washing bottles? Take a bite. Wash a bottle. Take a bite. Wash a bottle. The last half of the pizza was eaten while holding Reid who, by this point, was ready for one of those freshly, cleaned bottles. Is it OK that after I put my 2 angels down for their nap I myself laid down for a quick snooze. And why is it that Landon felt the need to wake me up from my snooze an hour later by poking me in the eye as he attempted to put my glasses on my face? Is it unfair to then ask him not to sit on my laptop computer and push around the wireless mouse as if it were just another one of his many matchbox cars? I guess I did leave it on the floor. I was just asking for that one. Is it OK that I breathed a sigh of relief as my reinforcement walked in around 4:00? Does it make me a bad wife that I suggested a vasectomy ASAP? I'll stop there. By the way, remember that jar of roasted red peppers I had a hard time finding? I needed them for our dinner tonight. It made for a nice {& yummy} end to another one of those days!
Mexican Chicken
1 1/2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup jarred roasted red peppers packed in water, drained and chopped
1-4 oz. can diced green chiles
1 tablespoon dry taco seasoning mix
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
3-4 chicken breasts, halved
salt
1/2 cup jarred roasted red peppers packed in water, drained and chopped
1-4 oz. can diced green chiles
1 tablespoon dry taco seasoning mix
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
3-4 chicken breasts, halved
salt
I also added 1-2 tablespoons of Franks Hot Sauce
Place all ingredients except chicken in the crock pot. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Add chicken and coat well.
Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5-6 hours. Remove chicken and shred. Return to crock pot and mix with the sauce.






6 comments:
Girl...It sounds like you are trying to beat me out of the "mother of the year" award...we have all been there. Days (or weeks in my case) like those make us greatful for the little things huh?! Here's to hoping that your weekend is a relaxing one. :)
P.S. Your Mexican Tacos look yummy! Impressed that you made a yummy dinner after your errands. I would of put the chicken nuggets in the microwave and pulled the grapes out of the fridge. Love Ya!
For a while there I figured you were just summarizing my every day life with my two little loves...Don't forget that I almost decided to post my kids and my parents on Craig's list....Lately those rough days have gotten even tougher...Oh boy! Lots and lots of praying going on in our household for wisdom and patience!
I've totally been in your shoes before with just my ONE crazy child... letting child scream in the store b/c I refuse to leave without the stuff i came for, opening food packages in the grocery store before paying for them.... it's all very familiar to me. So know that you are not alone!
And I agree that if you had that kind of morning and still managed up enough energy to actually make dinner, that itself is enough for the title of SuperMom! When I have those kind of days, it becomes take out night in our house! So mucho props to you!!! I think a day of self pampering should definitely be in your near future! :)
This post cracked me up. I think you put into words what most mothers of more-than-one-child go through most days! I know, I hear all the time, "Enjoy them being little!", but that doesn't take these hard moments/days away! :) Next time, leave your little angels with me while you are shopping!
Being a stay at home mom is such a cushy job.
Post a Comment