In this post, I put up a picture comparing a size 4 diaper (Landon's size) and a newborn diaper before Reid was born. I also talked about how I didn't understand how I would be able to love another child like I loved Landon. I remember as a child, my brother, sister and I would always try to get my parents to tell us who their favorite child was {all in joking of course. I mean we all 3 know who the favorite really is! :)} My mom's response was always the same. "I love you all equally but in different ways." While we all thought this was just her way of avoiding the question, in the last year I've found this statement to be so true. While I was concerend about loving one child the same way I did another, I've learned that's not really possible. I've been blown away by the overwhelming love I have for each of them individually. And, like I stated in the earlier mentioned post, I thank God that they are each fearfully and wonderfully made.
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate. Psalm 127: 3-5




1 comment:
Great picture of both of the boys...I love it!
Post a Comment