Let me start by saying that both boys are fever-free and are doing much better! I'm so thankful for happier little boys! Now, I wanted to give a little update on Aaron and I's healthy life-style venture. After 2 weeks, we have each lost 3.1 pounds, putting us 6.2 pounds closer to our 40 lb. goal. I feel that we've been very faithful to our plan so far and of course it's very exciting to finally start seeing some progress. Each day it gets easier and hopefully it will all just become habit for us. We've been walking and/or jogging almost every night. We're hoping to be able to go walk/run the 66 bridge soon. This is approximately 4 miles total. Aaron and I have talked about trying to run a 5k in the fall. Anyone know of any coming up? This seemed like a great goal for us to work towards as a couple. We have decided to give ourselves one cheat meal a week. We're taking turns each week deciding what our meal will be. This week I chose Chick-Fil-A breakfast.
This definitely used to be a regular breakfast for us. My second biggest craving has been Taco Bueno...so I guess I'll choose that in 2 weeks! But for now, we're enjoying some healthier breakfast options that are also quite yummy. One of our new favs are these Cinnamon Vanilla French Toast Nuggets from Hungry Girl.
2 light hot dog buns
1/3 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (such as Egg Beaters)
1 teaspoon Coffee-mate Sugar Free French Vanilla powdered creamer
2 dashes of cinnamon (1 dash = approx. 1/8 teaspoon)
Optional topping: light pancake syrup
Split each bun in half and cut each of those halves into 4 pieces, leaving you with 16 chunks of bread. In a small bowl, dissolve powdered creamer in 1 tablespoon warm water. Add egg substitute and 1 dash of cinnamon. Stir until mixed well. Bring a large pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Dip or soak bread pieces in egg mixture, covering them completely. Place egg-dipped pieces in the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes. Flip each piece to cook all sides. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with another dash of cinnamon. Makes 2 servings! You can add 2 tablespoons of light syrup, a couple pieces of turkey bacon and a cup of milk and you still have a hearty breakfast that's around 350 calories! And, both of the boys love them!
Please visit the sidebar and click on Livin' Lovin' & Losin' to check out more about our healthy journey. I know this doesn't interest everyone, but it's been helpful for me to keep a journal during this process and I figured why not share it with those who might be interested!



6 comments:
That Chick-Fil-A looks so good! I'm enjoying the journal too - I may have to try out that chicken enchilada casserole or that french toast! Yum!
Great job guys! The pictures you take of the food always look really yummy! That 66 bridge run- I tried it for the first time last weekend and I really enjoyed the change of scenary (my bedroom wall or someone else's behind at the gym). You get a little bit of a breeze from the lake plus the the water noises helped zone everything else out. I didn't believe Justin when he told me it was 4 miles because it seemed not that long when you drive...Well, it is 4 miles and it is not nearly as fast when you walk/run! He of course just laughed when I came home acting like I was dying! Keep up the great work! I am definitley going to try and make some of the food you have been posting about.
So glad the boys are feeling better! I know life is hard on everyone with sick munckins!
And I, too, am enjoying the food journal! I like the idea of sharing recipes anyway just to get new ideas! Congratulations on the weight loss! It's nice that you and Aaron are doing it together... it makes it easier to keep on track when you have a partner! I've wanted to do the 66 bridge for a while too... but it's going to have to be early morning or late evening in this heat! Keep up the good work! :)
That is great, Haley and Aaron. So proud of you guys. LOVE that you are giving yourselves a cheat meal...you deserve to be rewarded for sure.
Oh, and so glad the boys are doing better! :)
Good job! I'm doing a 5K next month! Maybe we can do one together in the future! Keep it up!!
Post a Comment