February 6, 2010

Potty Woes

Help! My (almost) 2 1/2 year old has had a completely dry diaper 2 mornings in a row! One would only assume he really needs to GO! However, I can't get him to put his "tee-tee's in the potty" as we call it! I've tried bribing, demonstrating (don't ask) and distracting him with books. I can get him to sit on his little froggy potty for a few minutes, but he doesn't seem interested in using it for anything other than a chair. I've always heard that potty-training is something you don't want to rush and up to this point I've never really forced the issue. But, now that he's coming up to the 2 1/2 year mark, I want to take advantage of these readiness signs he's unknowingly giving me! Any suggestions?Mimi was staying with the boys one night last week and got Landon to sit on the potty for a good while! And, ofcourse, what's quality time on the potty without the latest edition of Reader's Digest?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry buddy, as far as I'm concerned you have 5 and half more years before you need to be potty trained...

The McIntires said...

Blake was 2 1/2 when we gave it our first try. It was my mission that day to see what we could accomplish. I put undies on him and to work we went. It was after about two pairs of wet underwear that he finally caught on to the concept of what we were trying to accomplish... and finally he let his tee tee go in the potty for the first time. After that (and a reward Skittle) he didn't have anymore tee tee accidents. It was so stressful before that because he was like Landon and wouldn't tee tee in the potty, just sat there.

Unknown said...

Call me! :)


mcgrew [muh-groo]
-noun
1.Aaron, Haley, Landon, Reid, Micah

crew [croo]
-noun
1.a group of persons involved in a particular kind of work or working together.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart... Colossians 3:23

As for me and my house, we will work for the Lord. Joshua 24:15




We were married in 2005 and have been best friends ever since. Now we're raising three little boys and are loving every minute of it. We are constantly learning about the character of God through marriage, parenting and daily life!

Click on each picture to learn more about our boys!


coahbutton

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Captivated Visions

Labels

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved