April 17, 2010

Calamity Canon

As I've mentioned a few times recently, one of my newest interests is photography and editing pictures. Several years ago, we were given a really nice, professional-level Canon camera by my brother-in-law who is a photographer. Due to its size and "technical" look, I never really wanted to use it until recently when I discovered its relative ease-of-use, but more importantly the amazing pictures it's capable of producing! Now, I love it and don't like when I have to resort to my sony cyber-shot. Because I've been lugging this huge "can't just throw it in your purse and go" camera around everywhere, we had it outside last night as we ate dinner and played in the backyard. Imagine the SHEER LOOK OF TERROR ON MY FACE as I looked out the back door this morning to see how much it had rained last night and saw my beloved camera still sitting on the patio table! As if it were one of my own children, I ran the dripping wet camera into the bedroom where Aaron was trying to catch a little bit of sleep after a long night at work. If it helps you picture this any better, Aaron later told me that he thought one of the boys was injured the way I ran into the room. Aaron quickly ran the camera to the Canon ICU (on a towel in front of a fan) in an attempt to dry it out as much as possible before we tried to turn it on. After that, all we could do was wait.....and wait. After a few hours, Aaron said a little prayer (literally) and clicked it to the "on" position. Much to our surprise, she came on without a hitch. When I finally had the nerve to check it out, I was sitting at the desk and noticed my wedding rings right there so I used them for my first test shots. While I'm still not totally convinced that it will be the same, I'm thankful that all appears OK so far and am hopeful that it will stay this way (if you know anything about cameras, tell me what my chances are. Just give it to me straight....I can take it!). After all, we don't have near the amount of money that it would take to replace this precious gift! Matt, if you happen to be reading this, I'm sure you're cringing a little...Sorry!

5 comments:

J.A.I.L said...

I'm thinking that after your ICU and the fact that it has come on and taken some pics that you are good to go. Only other ideas I have for more of a just in case is to continue the ICU with the lens removed and the storage card removed and open as well. Just ideas.

Jeremy

Anna said...

Wow! So glad the camera seems to be okay! I would have had a panic attack in your shoes I think!

Cassi said...

Oh no!!! I hope Canon's stay in the ICU did the trick! Thank goodness it's showing no signs of any permanent damage! Poor little Canon!

Unknown said...

*cringe*

Unknown said...

So glad the camera is okay...I would have panicked, myself. YIKES! Can't wait to see the beautiful pictures it continues to make. :)


mcgrew [muh-groo]
-noun
1.Aaron, Haley, Landon, Reid, Micah

crew [croo]
-noun
1.a group of persons involved in a particular kind of work or working together.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart... Colossians 3:23

As for me and my house, we will work for the Lord. Joshua 24:15




We were married in 2005 and have been best friends ever since. Now we're raising three little boys and are loving every minute of it. We are constantly learning about the character of God through marriage, parenting and daily life!

Click on each picture to learn more about our boys!


coahbutton

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Captivated Visions

Labels

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved