April 15, 2010

The Great Outdoors

Like I'm sure most of you have, we've been taking advantage of this wonderful weather by spending a lot of time outdoors! Often times we'll eat dinner on the patio and then play outside until it's bath time. Today, we were literally outside in the morning, afternoon and evening. It was a great chance for me to get some fun pictures! I'm also going to add a yummy (and healthy) new recipe! I'm hoping to encourage some of my fellow blogger friends to do the same as I'm starting to get into this whole "cooking" thing and would love some new ideas!
Aaron picked up this neat little kite this morning while running an errand! Landon thought it was pretty cool at first, but quickly moved on to something else
Aaron has always been so wonderful at taking care of the yard! He even puts forth extra effort to make our flower beds look nice. Landon helped him out while he was working today!
All of these kids gardening items were $1 each at the Target dollar section...my home away from home!
One of the beautiful flowers Aaron bought for the yard.
Tonight I made these delicious and healthy boneless buffalo wings! See below for the recipe!
They're kid {and hubby} tested and approved!
Of course, Baby R had to stick with something a little more suitable for "gumming"
After dinner, it was play-time again! Notice we didn't even bother to clean Reid's face. We always figure that since bath time is just around the corner, why waste the wipe?
We found several ladybugs in the background. Landon was pretty interested until one flew by him and landed on his cheek. He flipped out! I actually got a picture of him screaming after this, but since I posted a pic of him crying in the last post, I thought that might be too much! :)

Boneless Buffalo Wings

This recipe was given to me by my mom and was taken from a book called Hungry Girl. It's a great book for low-fat, low-cal recipes and snacks.

2-4 boneless skinless lean chicken breasts (cut into nuggets)
1/2 cup Fiber One bran cereal
1 oz (about 14 crisps) of a low-fat BBQ Chip (Pringles or baked lays)
2 Tablespoons Frank’s RedHot Original sauce
Dash onion powder
Dash garlic powder
Dash black pepper
Dash salt

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a blender or food processor, grind Fiber One to a powder-like consistency. Crush potato crisps completely. In a small dish, mix crushed chips with cereal crumbs. Add onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt, and mix well. Place chicken nuggets in a separate dish. Cover with Frank’s Redhot and toss to coat. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Give each chicken piece a shake so it’s not dripping with sauce, and then coat evenly with crumb mixture. Lay crumb-covered nuggets on the baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Flip nuggets over and bake for 6-8 more minutes, or until outsides are crispy and chicken is cooked throughout.

To make a yummy dipping sauce for these nuggets, mix equal parts ketchup and mayo with a dash of season salt!

NOTE: The Frank's Hot Sauce will not make this too spicy for little ones. Landon has always loved them! Also, this is a great way to get some extra fiber! I'm definitely not one who would eat Fiber One cereal, but you can't even tell that's what coats the chicken!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Wow Haley! I'm pretty impressed by the look of those wings! And healthy too!!!
P.S. I totally saw all that cute gardening stuff in the $1 aisle..so cute!

Cassi said...

Cute pics as always! And those wings looked great! I've just shared a recipe on my blog just for you! :)


mcgrew [muh-groo]
-noun
1.Aaron, Haley, Landon, Reid, Micah

crew [croo]
-noun
1.a group of persons involved in a particular kind of work or working together.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart... Colossians 3:23

As for me and my house, we will work for the Lord. Joshua 24:15




We were married in 2005 and have been best friends ever since. Now we're raising three little boys and are loving every minute of it. We are constantly learning about the character of God through marriage, parenting and daily life!

Click on each picture to learn more about our boys!


coahbutton

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Captivated Visions

Labels

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved