April 21, 2010

Where's Big Bird?

This morning we went to the park for a lunch/playdate with some sweet friends of ours. It was close to nap time as we headed back home and both the boys were a tad fussy. I was able to keep Reid calm with a bottle, but Landon wasn't as easy to distract. So, I did what any tired and worn-out mother would do in this situation. I resorted to one of my favorite features of our new family assault vehicle....the DVD player! In somewhat of an "out of patience and frustrated" way, I reached up for the DVD player, yanked it down and quickly pushed the button on the stereo system which would start the disk. Thankfully, Landon calmed down and I was good to enjoy some silence for the rest of our treck home. About 5 minutes later, Landon was saying (what I thought to be) "Big Bird! Big Bird!" Of course, I acknowledged his excitment about seeing Big Bird on the video by responding with the typical motherly response, "Yea, it's Big Bird!" A few more minutes went by and Landon started saying something again. This is when I realized that he couldn't possibly be excited about seeing Big Bird, Elmo, Ernie or any other of his beloved Sesame Street friends for that matter, because for the last 8 or so minutes my poor baby had only been watching the retractable sunglasses holder as it hung from the ceiling of the car.

3 comments:

Cassi said...

Oh Haley... what are we going to do with you?! :)

Unknown said...

silly momma!

Anna said...

That's hilarious Haley!


mcgrew [muh-groo]
-noun
1.Aaron, Haley, Landon, Reid, Micah

crew [croo]
-noun
1.a group of persons involved in a particular kind of work or working together.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart... Colossians 3:23

As for me and my house, we will work for the Lord. Joshua 24:15




We were married in 2005 and have been best friends ever since. Now we're raising three little boys and are loving every minute of it. We are constantly learning about the character of God through marriage, parenting and daily life!

Click on each picture to learn more about our boys!


coahbutton

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Captivated Visions

Labels

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved